9 October 2020 Current Affairs
Union Education Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated Gyan Circle Ventures which is approved by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology funded Technology Business Incubator (TBI) of Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sri City (Chittoor), Andhra Pradesh. This inaugural function conducted in Online Mode through Video Conferencing.
- It serves as a hub for innovation and startups by providing support, in various phases, via investments, infrastructure and mentoring.
About Union Education Ministry:
- Union Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
- Constituency: Hardwar, Uttarakhand
Amazon India in Collaboration with IRCTC Launched Online Reserved Train Ticket Bookings
Ecommerce platform Amazon India has joined hands with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), to provide customers facility to book reserved train tickets on Amazon.
- Amazon Pay has added another travel category, for offering its customers a one shop to book flights bus and train tickets.
- Headquarters: Washington, US
- Founder & CEO: Jeff Bezos
Chemicals & Fertilizers Minister launched indigenous variety of Calcium Nitrate & Boronated Calcium Nitrate produced by GSFC
Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri Mansukh Mandaviya launched indigenous variety of Calcium Nitrate’ & ‘Boronated Calcium Nitrate’ which is manufactured by Gujrat State Fertilizers and Chemicals India Ltd through online mode . These indigenous varieties of calcium nitrate and Boronated calcium nitrate will provide a quality product in cheaper rate to the farmer community in the country than imported ones.
- These Calcium Nitrate & Boronated Calcium Nitrate products were launched in the retail market for the first time from Solan in Himachal Pradesh and Bhavnagar in Gujarat
- In the First time in India, Calcium Nitrate and boronated Calcium Nitrate is being manufactured locally.
- These two products were launched in the retail market from Solan, Himachal Pradesh and Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
Bishr al-Khasawneh appointed as Jordan’s New Prime Minister
Bishr al-Khasawneh has been appointed as New Prime Minister of Jordan which is a Western Asia. The appointment was approved by King of Jordan, Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein. He succeeded Former PM Omar al Razzaz.
- Bishr al-Khasawneh served as the advisor to the king for Communication and Coordination at The Royal Hashemite Court. He also served as the Minister for Legal Affairs (2017- 2018).
- Capital: Amman.
- Currency: Jordanian dinar
UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated INOX oxygen plant in Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated a new cryogenic oxygen plant which has been commissioned by INOX Air Products (INOX AP). The plant was set up as part of an Agreement signed by the Uttar Pradesh government and the company during the UP Investors’ Summit – 2018.
- This Plant Commissioned by Inox Air Products, one of the largest producers of medical and industrial gases, the newly constructed Modinagar plant can produce 150 tonnes of liquid oxygen per day.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Capital: Lucknow
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has announced the winner for Nobel Prize 2020 in Peace. The academy has already announced the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry and Literature. The Peace Prize has been awarded to 134 Nobel Laureates since 1901.
- Nobel Peace Prize 2020 awarded to World Food Programme
- For World Food Programme efforts to combat hunger, for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has conducted the Monetary Policy Committee on October 9, 2020. The India’s Central Bank also predicted that the GDP for the fiscal year 2021 is contracting at 9.5%.
The meeting was attended by economists Jayant R Varma, Shashank Bhide and Ashima Goyal. Also, the Government of India recently appointed Rajeshwar Rao as the Deputy Governor
- The repo rate was kept steady at 4 per cent.
- Reverse Repo Rate was kept unchanged at 3.35% as before
- OMO of Rs 20,000 crores is to be conducted
- The Ways and Means Advance Limits of the Centre is kept at Rs 1.25 lakh crores
- The bank announced on-tap TLTRO for Rs 1 trillion at 4% till March 2021.
BRICS Bank allocated funds to Delhi-Meerut rapid rail and Mumbai Metro
BRICS Bank which is a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS states has allocated a loan of USD 500 million for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Project and a loan of USD 241 million for Mumbai Metro Rail II (Line 6) Project.
- The RRTS has a design speed of 180 km per hour and maximum operating speed of 160 km per hour.
- The Bank is also supporting the implementation of metro lines in Mumbai with length totalling to about 58 km by financing of the Mumbai Metro Rail Project approved by the NDB in November, 2018.
Summits & Conference
The India-US two-plus-two dialogue between India and the US is likely to be held on October 26 and 27 in New Delhi. This is the Third Edition of India-US ‘2+2’ dialogue. The First Edition was conducted in 2018. The second edition of the dialogue took place in Washington in December last year.
- During that meeting India & US are likely to carry out a comprehensive review of their strategic cooperation.
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- President: Donald Trump
The World Economic Forum (WEF) which engages the foremost political, business, cultural and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas has confirmed that it will conduct its Annual Meeting in Lucerne-Burgenstock, Switzerland from May 18 to 21, 2021.
- The Annual Meeting 2021 in Lucerne-Burgenstock, Switzerland will be held around the theme of “The Great Reset”.
- The meeting will focus on the solutions required to address the world’s most pressing challenges.
- The Annual Meeting 2021 will be preceded by high-level “Davos Dialogues”
About World Economic Forum:
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
- Founder: Klaus Schwab
- Founded: January 1971
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal takes additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
Union Minister for Railways, Commerce and Industry got additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution after Ram Vilas Paswan’s Demise. President Ram Nath Kovind has governed that Mr. Goyal is assigned the charge of the Ministry in addition to his existing portfolios.
- President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, on the advice of PM Narendra Modi, directed that Piyush Goyal be assigned the ministry in addition to his existing portfolios.
Pradeep Kumar Rawat appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Netherlands
Pradeep Kumar Rawat has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Netherlands. He will replace present ambassador Mr. Venu Rajamony.
- The 1990 IFS Officer presently serving as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Indonesia.
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
Manoj Kumar Appointed as chairman and managing director of Western Coalfields Ltd
According to a personnel ministry order, Manoj Kumar has been appointed as chairman and managing director of Western Coalfields Ltd.
- Currently, Manoj Kumar is serving as the director in the Western Coalfields Ltd
- He has been appointed to the post of CMD of the WCL till the date of his superannuation on January 31, 2024.
SJVN signed Agreement with GoI to obtain 9680 Million Units of electricity in FY21
SJVN Limited inked an agreement with Government of India to reach 9680 Million Units of electricity generation during FY21 under “Excellent” Category.
- This Agreement was signed by Power Ministry Secretary Sanjiv Nandan Sahai and SJVN CMD Nand Lal Sharma.
- SJVN has also set a target to achieve installed capacity of 5000 MW by 2023, 12000MW by 2030 and 25000 MW by 2040.
About Ministry of Power:
- Minister of State: RK Singh
NABARD Signed 3 Agreement with State Bank of India to extend credit support for Various Projects
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an apex development finance institution fully owned by Government of India, has signed agreement with State Bank of India(SBI) to extend credit support for various NABARD Projects.
- The MoU was signed by NABARD Chief General Manager in Gujarat and Dukhbandhu Rath, D.K.Mishra and Chief General Manager of SBI Ahmedabad Circle, G.R.Chintala
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharashtra
India Successfully test-fired Rudram 1 which is a new generation anti-radiation missile. This is a new generation anti-radiation missile and also this is the country’s first such missile which will be used by the Indian Air Force (Air arm of the Indian Armed Forces). This Missile is Developed by DRDO which is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence.
- Rudram 1, the anti-radiation missile was test-fired from a Sukhoi jet at the Interim Test Range (ITR) in Balasore of Odisha.
- This Missile can target surveillance radars, guidance radars, communication towers, command and control centres and any other radiation-emitting sources.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
Mexican Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry Mario Molina Passes away
Mario Jose Molina, the Mexican Nobel Prize Winner passed away. He won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Frank Sherwood Rowland of US and Paul Crutzen of Netherland in 1995.
- He won the Nobel Prize for their 1970 research on the damage to Ozone Layer. He also discovered the effects of chlorofluorocarbon gases on the depletion of the Ozone Layer.
Union Minister for Consumer Affairs Ram Vilas Paswan passes away
Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan Passed away.
- Paswan became a member of Bihar Legislative Assembly in 1969. In 1977, Paswan was elected to Lok Sabha for the first time as Janata Party member.
- He was elected to Lok Sabha eight times and also held the record of winning his constituency, Hajipur, with the highest margin for several years.
Every year World Post Day is celebrated on October 09 to mark the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) which was started in 1874 in Switzerland.
- The objective of this is to increase awareness about the Post’s role in the everyday lives of people and businesses and its contribution to global social and economic development.
About Universal Postal Union:
- Headquarters: Bern, Switzerland
- Head: Bishar Abdirahman Hussein
- Founder: Heinrich von Stephan
- Founded: 9 October 1874
The World Post Day celebrates the anniversary of the establishment of Universal Postal Union as World Post and World Post Day is held on October 9 every year. Department of Posts which is under Ministry of Communications, GoI is celebrating National Postal week from 9th to 15th October, 2020.
- This day is celebrated to create awareness about the role and contributions of postal sector in social and economic development as well as in lives of people and business.
About Department of Posts:
- Parent Ministry: Ministry of Communications
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1 April 1854
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|