10 October 2020 Current Affairs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the physical distribution of property cards under the ‘SVAMITVA’ scheme. The launching function will be held in online mode through Video Conferencing. The Function is planned to schedule on October 11,2020.
- The move will give way for villagers to use property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits.
- The villagers could use their property for taking loans and other financial benefits.
Website for research endeavors in coal sector launched by Ministry of Coal
Anil Jain, Secretary, Ministry of Coal launched a Website to promote R&D activities in coal sector on the 56th meeting of Standing Scientific Research Committee of the Ministry.
- The Website was developed by Coal India R&D arm, Central Mines Planning & Design Institute Limited (CMPDI) has designed and developed this website.
- The website provides the guidelines for implementing coal research projects with different forms so that anybody can submit proposals in requisite manner. It also has lists and outcomes of completed projects and ongoing research projects to have a transparency and avoid repetitive nature of projects.
About Ministry of Coal:
- Union Minister: Pralhad Joshi
FICCI Fined by Delhi pollution control body for violating Norms
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) was fined by Delhi pollution control body for violating dust control norms at a demolition site on Tansen Marg.
- The control board fined the FICCI because the Industry failed to install anti-smog guns at construction and demolition sites larger than 20,000 square meters.
- The FICCI has to deposit the fine within 15 days.
Indian Railways joins with Jan Andolan campaign against COVID19
Indian Railways has engaged with the Jan Andolan campaign against COVID19 which is inaugurated by Prime Minister of India, Shri NarendraModi.
- On first day of the Jan Andolan campaign Railway employees takes pledge across Zones, Divisions and PSUs.
- The Aim of this campaign is to promote appropriate Covid-19 behaviour like wearing of masks, hand hygiene and maintaining physical distance.
According to Ministry of Jal Shakti Goa became the first Har Ghar Jal State in the country by ensuring tap water connection to every rural household.
- The development was made public by the Ministry of Jal Shakti. The state has provided tap water connection to two lakh 30 thousand rural households. Around 2.3 lakh households were covered in the state.
- This deadline was much in advance of the Jal Jeevan Mission’s aim to ensure piped water connectivity to all households of the nation by 2024.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant
- Capital: Panaji
Uttar Pradesh State Government inked MoU with Zurich International Airport
The Uttar Pradesh State government has signed a MoU with Zurich Airport International, Switzerland for the development of Jewar Airport in Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida. This MoU is signed for the development of Jewar Airport in Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida.
- The MoU was signed between the Noida International Airport Limited (NIAL) and the Yamuna International Airport Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle launched by Zurich Airport for project implementation.
- This MoU grants permission to Zurich Airport to design, build and operate Noida International Airport for a period of 40 years.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launches Saur Swarojgar Yojana to generate employment
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh launched Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana. The objective of this Yojana is to create self-employment for nearly 10,000 youths in the state.
- The targeted beneficiaries, including the youth and migrants who have returned home after leaving their jobs in various parts of the country due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal initiated Swa-nirbhar Naari: Atmanirbhar Asom to empower Poor Women in the State
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched “Swa-nirbhar Naari: Atmanirbhar Asom” scheme to boost the economically disadvantaged women of the State in a programme organized by Panchayat & Rural Development Department at Chandrapur in Kamrup (Metro) district.
- The new scheme aims to create more than 3.72 lakh sustainable individual and 822 community assets benefitting around four lakh families in the first phase under MGNREGA.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Reports & Rankings
Forbes which is an American business magazine has released the India Rich List 2020. The List was topped by Mukesh Ambani 13th year in a row adding $37.3 billion to his net worth.
- The second place is secured by Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani, with a net worth of $25.2 billion.
- Tech tycoon Shiv Nadar acquired the third spot with net worth of $20.4 billion.
- Editor-in-chief: Steve Forbes
- Editor: Randall Lane
WTO forecast World Merchandise Trade at 9.2%
World Trade Organization which is an international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations forecast World Merchandise Trade at 9.2% in 2020. Earlier WTO Predicted World Merchandise Trade at 12.9%.
- The rate was lowered because of the strong trade performances in June-July, 2020 due to easing of lockdowns in many parts of the world.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Members: 164 Nations
The ‘Innovation for India Awards 2020’ was held by association with the Marico Innovation Foundation. On this event Indian School of Development Management (ISDM) begged special mention award in Innovation for India Awards 2020. This year the function held in online mode through Video Conferencing.
- The ISDM was announced as a recipient of the ‘special mention award’ instituted by Marico Innovation Foundation this year.
- ISDM was awarded the honor for its unique contribution in pioneering a curriculum that is solely aimed at creating professionally equipped Development Managers to contribute to the Indian social sector.
Popular Odia Poet Nityananda Nayak Selected for Sarala Puraskar 2020
Nityananda Nayak has been selected for the prestigious Sarala Puraskar for his Extraordinary Participation to the literature. This award will be given to him for his poetry work ‘Setebelaku Nathiba’, published in 2017.The poet will be felicitated with a cash price of 5 lakh and a citation.
About Sarala Puraskar:
- Sarala Puraskar is recognised as the foremost literary award of Odisha. The annual Sarala Puraskar, instituted by eminent Odia industrialist Bansidhar Panda and Ila Panda in 1979, has been continuously awarded by Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT)
India’s First Badminton Brand ‘Transform’ appointed CWG Shuttle Medalist Chetan Anand as its Brand Ambassador
India’s First Ever Badminton Brand Transform has appointed Indian Badminton Player and Commonwealth Games Shuttle Medalist Chetan Anand, as its Brand Ambassador.
- The Transform produces racquets, nylon shuttles, shoes apparels with design, style and colors for the new age players.
- The Transform initiative is promoted by VICKY Sports — one of India’s top three sports brands — which specializes in sports good manufacturing since 1978.
- India has got the second set of Swiss bank Account details under the “Automatic Exchange Pact” which is a systematic transmission of bulk taxpayer information by the source country to the residence country signed with Switzerland. The pact was a major milestone of GoI in its fight back against black money.
- As per the AEOI Pact signed with the India, Swiss Bank shares details such as account information, identification, Financial information such as name, address, tax identification number and country of residence.
MSME Prerana – Indian Bank’s business mentoring programme initiated by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
Union Minister for Finance has launched the MSME Prerana which is the Indian Bank’s business mentoring programme in Chennai. This Programme is act as an online Business Mentoring Programme for Micro Small Medium Enterprises.
- The programme has been launched in partnership with Poornatha & Co, a firm that designs Entrepreneurial Development Programmes in vernacular using online web-based interactive sessions and case studies.
About Indian Bank:
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Padmaja Chunduru
The Indian Navy which is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces along with Indian Coastal Guard has held a two-day coastal security exercise called “Sagar Kavach”. It is a half-yearly exercise to ensure coastal security mechanism and validate Standard Operating Procedure.
- The exercise was conducted along the coastal areas of Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- In the exercise 50 patrol crafts of the Coast Guard and 20 ships of the Indian Navy have participated.
- Two Indian boats undertook the patrol in tiuytrewhe Sunderban Delta during the Matla Abhiyan
About Indian Navy:
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh, PVSM, AVSM
- Founded: 26 January 1950
- Headquarters: New Delhi
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) which is an agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in Ministry of Defence has test-fired indigenously developed Drone RUSTOM II in Karnataka.
- The Rustom 2 is a surveillance Drone.
- During the test flight it achieved eight hours of flying at an altitude of 16000 feet.
- The capability of the Drone is to be increased to a height of 26000 feet and fly for 18 hours.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Every year National Postal Day is observed on October 10. This National Postal Day is an extension of World Post Day, which is celebrated on 9 October Every year and also National Postal Week is celebrated from October 9 to 15.
- National Post Day aims to commemorate the role played by the Indian postal department for the past 150 years, which was founded in 1854 by Lord Dalhousie.
World Mental Health Day is celebrated on October 10 Every Year. The Day provides an opportunity for all those who are working on mental health issues to talk about their work, and what more needs to be done to make mental health care a reality for people worldwide.
- The theme for this year World Mental Health Day 2020 is ‘Mental Health for all’.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
World Day against the Death Penalty – October 10
World Day against the Death Penalty is observed on October 10. The day was first organised by the World Coalition against the Death Penalty in 2003. It has since taken place annually on 10 October.
- The main objective of this day is to highlight certain issues surrounding capital punishment. In 2018, the theme was the living conditions on death row. Previous themes include poverty, terrorism, drug crimes and mental health.
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|