World’s longest highway tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’ to be opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Prime Minister of India Shri. Narendra Modi will open World’s longest highway tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’ on 3 October 2020. This Tunnel is named after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- This is 9.2 km long tunnel which is the longest highway tunnel in the world. This tunnel is connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year.
- It reduces the road distance by 46 Kms between Manali and Leh and the time by about 4 to 5 hours.
India Post launched Picture Postcard on Sawantwadi Toy to mark the occasion of 151 Years of Postcard
India Post launched Picture Postcard on Sawantwadi Toy to celebrate the occasion of 151 Years of Postcard in India.
- A set of Post Cards on Traditional Toys of India is scheduled to be released Online from nine States at a time on 01.10.2020 at 11.00 AM.
- The postcard, inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech about the country’s ability to become a “toy hub”.
About India Post:
- Parent Ministry: Ministry of Communications
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1 April 1854
The South Eastern Railway is one of the 18 railway zones in India initiated the ‘Operation My Saheli’ which is the project to increase the security of Female passengers from the starting point to the destination.
- Initially this project is introduced in three trains namely Howrah-Yesvantpur Duronto Special, Howrah- Ahmedabad Special and Howrah-Mumbai Special.
About South Eastern Railway:
- General Manager: Sanjay Kumar Mohanty
- Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Predecessor: Eastern Railway zone
Union Minister for DoNER launches Roads and Bridges projects worth Rs 73 crore
Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region launched Roads and Bridges projects worth Rs 73 crore. The Minister unveiled 23 roads and bridges projects in Kathua, Doda, Udhampur and Reasi districts in the Jammu region through Video Conferencing.
- The projects costing about Rs 73 Crore and having length of 111 kilometers will benefit more than 35,000 people in the region.
- 23 Projects included 15 roads built under PMGSY for all weather connectivity and 8 bridges for better connectivity to the people.
Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot launches Ambedkar Social Innovation & Incubation Mission Virtually
Union Minister for Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawar Chand Gehlot launched the “Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission (ASIIM) under Venture Capital Fund. The function is inaugurated virtually through video conferencing due to COVID19 situation.
To promote innovation and enterprise among SC students studying in higher educational institutions
- This initiative under VCF-SC will promote innovation in the SC youth and would help them to become job-givers from job-seekers.
Ayush Ministry launched Regional Facilitation Centre for Medicinal Plants Sector in Pune
Union Ayush Ministry launched Regional Facilitation Centre for Medicinal Plants Sector in Pune, Maharashtra. Ministry of AYUSH, Secretary, Vaidya Rajesh initiated Regional Cum Facilitation Centre, Western Region (RCFC) of the National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) under the Ministry of AYUSH.
- This center facilitates the conservation and cultivation activities along with market up-linking through different AYUSH pharmacies.
About Ayush Ministry:
Minister of State: Shripad Yesso Naik
Sixth anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban – ‘Swachhata Ke 6 Saal, Bemisaal’ on Gandhi Jayanti
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has planned to organize a webinar titled ‘Swachhata Ke 6 Saal, Bemisaal’. The year also marks the 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Swachh Bharat Mission is a country-wide campaign initiated by the Government of India in 2014 to eliminate open defecation and improve solid waste management.
- The event will be an opportunity for all stakeholders to learn from each other and envision the next phase of the Mission.
Union Minister for Ministry of Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda will launch – India’s Largest Market of Tribal Products named Tribes India E-Marketplace on 02 October 2020, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
This Tribes India e-Marketplace is an initiative of the government which aims to give platform for 5 lakh tribal producers for sourcing of various handicraft, handloom, organic food products across the country and brings the best of tribal produce.
About Ministry of Tribal Affairs:
- Union Minister: Arjun Munda
India & Australia reinforce their Partnership on Skilling Agenda
Dr. MahendraNath Pandey, Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Ministry and Mr. Barry O’Farrell, Australian High Commissioner to India engaged conference through video conferencing.
- The objective of this meeting is to operationalize & implement Cooperation in VET to promote development of occupational standards in priority industry sectors.
- Also, MoU on Cooperation in Vocational Education and Training between the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and the Department of Education, Skills signed between both countries
- Capital: Canberra
- Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
Rankings & Reports
National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) which is an Indian government agency responsible for collecting and analyzing crime data released the Crimes in India Report for the year of 2019. As per the Report, crimes against women increased by 7.3% between 2018 and 2019.
|Crimes against women||Assam|
|Crimes against scheduled castes||Uttar Pradesh|
|Crimes against girl children||Uttar Pradesh|
|Highest number of dowry cases||Uttar Pradesh|
|Highest number of acid attack||Uttar Pradesh|
|Rapes against Dalit women||Rajasthan|
- Founded: 11 March 1986
- Agency executive: Ramphal Pawar, IPS, Director;
- Parent department: Ministry of Home Affairs
Indian Bank initiates IB-eNote – For paperless working environment
Indian Bank launched “IB-eNote”. This is launched by the bank to enable paperless working environment. The tool is expected to save costs on paper, printing and other administrative expenses. It will also used to promote digitial banking.
- The IB-eNote facility is likely to considerably improve Turnaround Time, save the cost of paper, printing and other administrative expenses.
About Indian Bank:
- MD & CEO: Padmaja Chunduru.
- Headquarters: Chennai, TamilNadu.
Apurva Chandra appointed as Secretary of Ministry of Labour & Employement
Apurva Chandra appointed as new secretary of Union Ministry of Labour & Employement. Earlier he was serving as Special Director General, Defence Acquisition, Ministry of Defence.
- He belongs to the 1988 batch of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Maharashtra Cadre.
- He has long experience of dealing with issues relating to industries while working in Government of Maharashtra and Government of India.
Science & Technology
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) which is the national space agency of the India, headquartered in the Bengaluru is set to launch its ISRO’s Venus Mission “SHUKRAYAAN” in 2025. French Space Agency CNES (National Centre for Space Studies under the French government space agency) announced that it is to participate in ISRO’s Venus Mission.
- Formed: 1961
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2020 announced for the year of 2020. Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2020 which is the Country’s Highest Science Prize declared by Union Minister for Ministry science and technology, Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- The awards announced on the Foundation Day celebration of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
List of Winners Details:
- Dr Subhadeep Chatterjee,
- Dr Vatsala Thirumalai
- Dr Jyotirmayee Dash,
- Dr Subi Jacob George
Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences:
- Dr Abhijit Mukherjee
- Dr Suryendu Dutta
- Dr Amol Arvindrao Kulkarni
- Dr Kinshuk Dasgupta
- Dr UK Anandavardhanan,
- Dr Rajat Subhra Hazra
- Dr Bushra Ateeq
- Dr Ritesh Agarwal
- Dr Rajesh Ganapathy
- Dr Surajit Dhara
Summits & Conference
Union Minister for Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar addressed the United Nations Biodiversity Summit. The United Nations Summit on Biodiversity will be organized by the President of the General Assembly on 30 September 2020. India aims to reinstitute 26 million hectares of degraded and deforested land, and achieve land-degradation neutrality by 2030.
- The Theme for this year is “Urgent action on biodiversity for sustainable development.”
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary General: Antonio Guterres
MoUs & Agreements
BSE signed agreement with Yes Bank to boost Small Medium Enterprises
BSE(Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd) is an Indian Stock exchange signed an agreement with Yes Bank to empower Small Medium Enterprises(SME).
- The agreement aims to empower the SME segment through awareness and knowledge-sharing programmes.
- The Bank will also provide customised services and products to the listed SME members of the platform and advisory solutions to EXIM potential listed SMEs.
About Yes Bank:
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research & TATA Steel signed MoU to decrease carbon emissions
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and TATA Steel have signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate in the field of Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage (CCUS).
- The new agreement will allow CCUS to develop the technology and accelerate its implementation.
- This MoU is an initiative against climate change and global warming to comply with the Paris Agreement.
About TATA Steel:
- CEO & MD: T. V. Narendran.
New Logo for Sports Authority of India launched by Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju
Minister of State for Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju launched the New Logo for Sports Authority of India.
- The figure features Indian Tricolour and blue colour of chakra.
- This new logo indicates a the freedom an athlete to his/her career in Sports Authority of India
About Sports Authority of India:
The Sports Authority of India is the apex national sports body of India, established in 1982 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of Government of India for the development of sport in India.
- Founder: Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- Founded: 1982
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
Every year International Day of Older Persons is observed on October 01. This day is proclaimed by the United Nations. This day celebrated every year with an objective to focus on the well-being of the elderly people. The year 2020 is also been celebrated as “Year of the Nurse and Midwife”.
- The theme of the International Day of Older Persons 2020 is “Pandemics: Do They Change How We Address Age and Ageing?”
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945,
- Secretary General: Antonio Guterres
Every year October 01 celebrated as International Coffee Day. This day is celebrated by people to recognise the efforts of those who are associated with the coffee industry. This day is organised by International Coffee Organization. In 2014, the International Coffee Organisation decided to observe International Coffee Day every year on the 1st of October.
About International Coffee Organisation:
- Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom
- Founded: 1963
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|